The Folk Music Festival is just a week away!
It is a can’t-miss event for lovers of folk music. We can’t wait to see you on September 14!
We can’t wait to see you at Bobs Lake this September 14 for a day of music and dancing! Along with The Celtic Kitchen Party band providing their playful mix of traditional and contemporary East Coast, Irish and Scottish Celtic music, we also have several local musicians doing solo sets to keep the merrymaking going!
Buy your tickets now at discounted prices! There will be some limited tickets available at door for an increased cost of $20 adults / $10 youth / 8 and under FREE.
Make sure you hold on to your tickets! We’re raffling off a few prizes at the door including CDs and glasses from Riverhead Brewing Company.
There’s also a 50-50 Draw for a dollar a ticket. The winner gets half of the pot and the other half goes to the Westport Food Bank.
- A playground and a sandy beach for children (7 years old and below get in for free!) and the beautiful Bobs Lake for you to swim and fish in
- Axe throwing
- Leah Evans and Jes Sousa, proprietors of Crab and Moon, will be there with their fantastic tarot card readings and beautiful crystals for sale
- Earthbarn Farms will be there with their adorable baby goats Lucifer and Memnoch
- Our own Joe Friday will be performing a song in his native tongue
- Trudy Napp will be showcasing her beautiful handmade Indian crafts
- Our Sherri will also be selling handmade lavender smudging sticks grown right here in our gardens at Bobs Lake Cottages and Escapes
- Handmade knives for sale by Joe Languedoc
- Serving platters for sale by Expressions in Wood, Stratford, ON
Hungry? Bring your cooler!
You can also join us for chili, fresh corn, and a beverage for $12
Shelly Languedoc will offer homemade cookies, butter tarts, and breads too!
Sample the Riverhead Brewing Company’s Adventurously Brewed Beers
The Celtic Kitchen Party is pleased to be sponsored by our good friends Riverhead Brewery, so that’s what those boys will be drinking. Maybe you can too?
Drop by and see what flavors they have in store for you. Riverhead is about the journey, not the destination. Whether you’re hanging out with friends after a day on the water or just camping in your favorite spot, bring us with you and share in the adventure.
Riverhead is an Independent Craft Brewery, owned and operated by Kingston locals. They brew and can all of their beers on site. They are a licensed Tied House which means they can serve full glasses of our brew as well as sell it out of their front beer store. Give them a visit at 631 Fortune Cres. Unit 10, Kingston. They have a great menu and a wide selection of beer choices. They also have great entertainment especially *ahem* the first Friday of every month they feature Tedd Chew and Andrew Vanhorn of The Celtic Kitchen Party.
Saturday, September 14
Kingston-based yoga teacher Pamela Vanhorn will be holding two free classes on the weekend of the festival—just for our guests! Bring your yoga mats and join us on Saturday from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and on Sunday from 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.—find your center with her intentionally and compassionately curated yoga, through thoughtful instruction.
Our Making Memories Packages
Make a weekend out of the festival with our Making Memories packages! There are still a few availabilities in our gorgeous lakefront cottages.
- Three-day, two-night stay at Bobs Lake Cottages and Escapes, with a 3:00 p.m. check-out on Sunday
- One-hour sunset boat cruise on Friday
- Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday at your cottage
- A six-pack from Riverhead Brewing Company in your fridge
- Dinner on Saturday (each person receives a voucher for the chili and corn dinner)
- Campfire s’mores and desserts with Andrew Vanhorn of The Celtic Kitchen Party band
- One-hour yoga session on Sunday morning
- Tickets to the Folk Festival (one per guest)
Take your pick from Bobs Lake Cottages & Escapes’ gorgeous lakefront properties
The Little House – $1000 (max. 2 guests)
Lake House Upper – $1400 (max. 6 guests. 5th and 6th guests add $300 each)
Eagle’s Nest – $2600 (max. 8 guests. 7th and 8th guests add $300 each)
- 1 bedroom (king bed or 2 extra long twins) with ensuite bathroom, shared living room and kitchen – $800 (max. 2 guests)
- 1 bedroom (king bed or 2 extra long twins) with ensuite accessible bathroom, shared living room and kitchen – $800 (max. 2 guests)
- 1 bedroom (king bed or 2 extra long twins) with private bathroom, shared living room and kitchen – $700 (max. 2 guests)
- 1 bedroom (king bed or 2 extra long twins) in a two-person room, shared bathroom – $600 (max. 2 guests)
- 1 bedroom (king bed or 2 extra long twins) in a four-person room, shared bathroom – $600 (for 2 guests). There is a day bed and a rollaway bed in the room for a 3rd ($800) and a 4th ($1000) guest.